Monday, August 3, 2009

Back in Town

We are back from a weekend in Austin. Carlos had a meeting on Saturday so Emma and I tagged along. While Carlos was "working" Emma and I checked out the Archivers scrapbook store, Toys R Us, Old Navy and Barnes and Noble. After a nice long nap at the hotel, we ate dinner with his fellow board members. The night ended with us standing in line for Amy's Ice Cream (which was sooo worth it) and eating outside.

Oh and Carlos and I had a funny moment on the way there. I was just driving and driving and Carlos was talking on the phone as usual, and we realized we were heading towards Houston and not Austin. We cut over on some back roads and finally made it to Austin!!!!

Well the back roads were so interesting that we routed another way home for Sunday. I bought a book about Historical Markers and we read about all the towns we were passing through on the way home. Interesting places included the spot where the Chisolm trail started, where the first shot of the War for Texas Independence was fired, prehistoric indian sites, stage coach sites and ghost towns. It was so much more interesting than the interstate. We even ate lunch at the Smallest Whataburger, occupancy 38!

No comments:

Post a Comment